Monday 10 February 2014

January Favourites

Hi everyone!

So the month of January flew by so fast, that I can't believe it's nearly the middle of February already! January was a particularly good month for me as it was my birthday; so I got to splash out on a few things that I'd had my eye on for quite a while, that I wouldn't normally just go out and spend my money on, haha! 

This post is going to consist of the things I've been loving throughout the month of January in Beauty and Fashion.

Beauty

Mac Mineralize Skinfinish - Soft and Gentle




Well I don't know where to start with this product; I absolutely love it!! I had seen a lot of people rave about this product and wasn't sure if it would be as good as it sounded, but it was completely worth the money! I have used this product every day since purchasing it and would highly recommend that you go out and buy one, because you certainly won't regret it! It is an amazing highlighter which personally I use on my cheekbones,  brow bone, the bridge of my nose and cupid's bow to give my face a healthy glow.

Benefit - Porefessional Primer


This is another product that I'd been wanting to try for quite a while and with my birthday money, caved and bought it! In my opinion, it is the perfect primer, which leaves the skin silky smooth, minimizing the appearance of pores, giving the perfect base for applying foundation. At £24.50 at tube, it is quite steep, but a little does go a long way as you only need a little bit on your fingertip to cover your face with a thin layer; so in that aspect it is definitely worth the money!

Mac Lipstick - Snob



Well I am obsessed with MAC lipsticks and this one is by far my favourite! The previous one which I used constantly was Saint Germain, however when I purchased this one, it soon took place as my new favourite! It is a gorgeous pink colour with a slight purple undertone. It is one of the satin finish lipsticks and has quite a thick finish when applied to the lips, which I absolutely love, as it is long-lasting and doesn't have to constantly be reapplied. 

Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss - Bellini


Now this was something that I'd noticed only recently, but heard quite a few people talk about. It is a super shiny lipgloss, without being sticky or glittery. It is the perfect nude shade and looks perfect either on its own or over the top of a lipstick, if you want to slightly tone down the colour. 

Fashion
Topshop - Green Check Tube Skirt


This was definitely an impulse buy for me, as I loved the pattern but wasn't sure how it would look on, but I absolutely love it! I have worn it so much since buying it, with a jumper or blouse and ankle boots and now I want to buy the leggings in the same pattern; they have got to be my next purchase!

Tu - Coatigan


I had been searching for a baby pink coat/cardigan since before Christmas, but wasn't really willing to pay Topshop prices, because I wasn't sure how much I would wear one! Then I stumbled across this beauty whilst shopping in Sainsburys in the sale section and I just couldn't leave it behind, and who would for £12.50?! It is so chunky and soft and looks great with any outfit; it can be dressed up or down so is great for all occasions!

G21 - Lime Blouse


The thing that instantly drew me to this blouse was the colour! I love this lime shade, it is such a gorgeous colour for spring. The material of this blouse is very floaty and it is slightly longer at the back. I pair it with my black leather look leggings and a chunky necklace to add even more depth to the outfit!

Tu - Ankle Boots


I own three pairs of black ankle boots and have wanted a brown pair for ages, but haven't been able to find the right pair for me; but whilst in Sainsburys buying the coatigan, I spotted these beauties! They are brown, which I wanted and flat which I wanted, so for £20 I couldn't resist! They are so comfy and look great with any outfit!

River Island - Lime Colour Block Metal Trim Tote Bag


And finally, probably my favourite fashion purchase of January, this lime coloured tote! This bag caught my eye as soon as I saw it, so with gift voucher in hand, I took it straight to the till and purchased it! I love the style of this bag with the use of three bold colours: lime, black and white and gold hardware, it is a great statement piece for spring and summer and I cant wait to use it when the weather starts to perk up!


So those were my January Favourites! I hope you enjoyed this post and can maybe get some ideas of what you'd like to purchase. Let me know what your January Favourites were in the comments below and if you have any of the products in this post, what do you think of them? 
Also, please go and follow me on Bloglovin, it would be much appreciated! 









2 comments:

  1. I have both the Snob lipstick from MAC and Porefessional from Benefit! which is AWESOME! I can't go a day without wearing it. Have you checked out the new Porefessional? it's in powder form! I use it as a finishing powder to give me that extra matte look! My pores look almost invisible!

    xo
    LipstickVillain.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. obsessed with MAC!
    Love it! I really like your blog!

    You've got a new follower on Bloglovin! Hope
you'll follow me back!

    ♥





    xx

Nathalie

    



http://www.nathalie-kemna.nl

    ReplyDelete